Last updated: 1.4.2021
1. General Information
We take data security and data protection very seriously. The privacy statement explains how and why SAG (hereinafter also “we”, “us”) processes and protects your personal data. What follows is information pursuant to Article 13 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and relates to personal data of visitors to our website www.sag.at.
1.1. Important definitions
GDPR: The EU General Data Protection Regulation (https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679&from=DE). In this document, terms such as data subject, personal data, processing, controller, processor, and recipient are all used within the meaning of Article 4 GDPR.
Personal Data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. SAG has implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal data.
Legal Basis: A basis for the lawful processing of personal data as described in Article 6, GDPR.
Consent: Refers to the legal basis described in Article 6 1. (a), GDPR.
Performance of a Contract and Preparation of a contract at the request of the data subject: Refers to the legal basis described in Article 6 1. (b), GDPR.
Compliance with a legal obligation: Refers to the legal basis described in Article 6 1. (c), GDPR.
(Our) Legitimate Interest: Refers to the legal basis described in Article 6 1. (f), GDPR.
The Controller (as defined in Article 4 7 GDPR) is:
Salzburger Aluminium AG
5651 Lend Nr. 25, Austria
+43 6416 6500-0
We have appointed a data protection officer (in accordance with Article 37 of the GDPR) whom you can contact directly to exercise your rights. You can contact him here: email@example.com
1.3 Cookies and other Technologies
Our website uses so-called cookies. These are small text files that are stored on your end device with the help of your browser.
Detailed information on cookies and other technologies used can be found here: Technical Notes.
2. Information about Processing Activities
2.1 Accessing the Website
When you visit our website, the following data processing takes place.
2.1.1 These data are collected:
- IP address of the requesting device
- Date and time of the request
- Host name and name of the requested page
- Whether the request was successful
- Web browser and operating system used
- Amount of data transmitted
- Country of origin of the request (based on the first digits of the IP address)
- Cookie data (essential cookies)
- Cookie data (statistics cookies)
- Cookie data (marketing cookies)
- Cookie data (external media cookies)
- Information about the requested external media
2.1.2 Why and how this data is processed:
Purpose: To provide a requested website.
Legal basis: Our legitimate interest in operating a company website.
Request data is automatically processed by our servers to the extent necessary to provide you with the page you requested.
Essential cookies are read from and written to your device to enable basic functionality. They are necessary for the website to function properly. For example, to display text in the language of your choice.
Purpose: To guarantee information security (confidentiality, availability, and integrity) of the website.
Legal basis: Our legitimate interest in ensuring information security.
Request data, except for cookie data, is logged in log files. These log files are only read by us if it is necessary in connection with a security incident.
Purpose: Optimisation of the website.
Legal basis: Your consent to the use of statistics cookies.
If you have given your consent, statistics cookies are read from and written to your device. This way anonymous information about how you use our website is collected. This information helps us to improve our website.
Purpose: To promote our products.
Legal basis: Your consent to the use of marketing cookies.
If you have given your consent, marketing cookies are read from and written to your device. Third party vendors and publishers may use these cookies to display personalised advertising by tracking you across multiple websites.
Purpose: To provide requested external media.
Legal basis: Your consent to the use of external media.
If you have consented to the use of External Media Cookies, cookies will be written to and read from your device. They will automatically enable External Media across our website. You can also access and use individual external media by clicking on them.
When you call up external media, a connection is established with the provider of the external media. In the process, your IP address and other necessary request data, as well as information about the requested external media, are transmitted to the provider.
Important note: By establishing a connection to a third party (a provider of external media), further processing (under the responsibility of the third party) may take place. Details about the respective providers can be found here: Technical Notes
Note: These consents are voluntary and you can revoke them at any time by clicking “Change cookie settings” and deactivating the relevant cookie category. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the withdrawal. If you do not consent or revoke your consent, this will not affect your other business relationships with us.
The provision of your data is not required by law or contract and is not necessary for the conclusion of a contract. You are not obliged to provide this data.
Further information on cookies and external media can be found here Technical Notes.
[borlabs-cookie type=”btn-cookie-preference” title=”Change cookie settings”/]
2.1.3 How this data is stored:
Request data (in log files) are automatically anonymised after 4 hours.
Cookies are stored on your device. Information on cookies and their storage duration can be found here Technical Notes. Our web server is located in the EU.
2.1.4 Who receives this data:
External Media Providers (Only when using external media. See Technical Notes for details).
2.2. Getting in touch with SAG
When you contact us by e-mail or via one of our website forms or you request information, the following data processing takes place.
2.2.1 These data are collected:
E-mail data (message, sender, recipient).
Form data (data that you enter in a form, e.g.: Name, company, e-mail address, message or requested information (e.g. whitepaper), country).
Meta-data (date and time of receipt)
2.2.2 Why and how this data is processed:
Purpose: To respond to enquiries and other incoming messages.
Legal basis: Our legitimate interest in conducting business correspondence.
Your data, including your message, will be passed to the relevant SAG location, department or staff-member and processed to the extent necessary to properly deal with your question, enquiry or other message. This includes contacting you by e-mail and/or telephone and sending you relevant information material.
Purpose: Direct advertising
Legal basis: Our legitimate interest in marketing our products to business customers and prospective customers.
Your data will be used to contact you by e-mail and/or telephone and to send you information material.
Purpose: Fulfilment of legal obligations regarding retention of business correspondence.
Legal basis: Legal obligation to retain data.
If your message is a business letter, we must retain the data for a certain period of time. Depending on the content of the message, further retention periods may have to be taken into account.
Note: The provision of your data is not required by law or contract and is not necessary for the conclusion of any contract. You are not obliged to provide this data.
2.2.3 How this data is stored:
Form data is generally stored for 90 days after receipt.
Correspondence is deleted at the latest 12 months after last contact, unless there is another legal basis for processing. Business letters must be stored for 7 years in Austria, starting at the end of the year in which the message was received. Our servers are located in the EU.
2.2.4 Who receives this data:
- Our processors
- SAG locations
3. Your Rights
You have the following rights:
- The right to obtain confirmation as to whether we are processing personal data relating to you. If this is the case, you have the right to access this data and the information pursuant to Article 15 of the GDPR.
- The right to obtain a copy of your personal data that we process, provided that this does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other persons. The provisions pursuant to Art. 15(3) and (4) of the GDPR apply.
- The right to rectify and (taking into account the purposes of the processing) the right to complete your personal data.
- The right to erasure of your personal data if the criteria pursuant to Art. 17 (1) and (3) GDPR apply.
- The right to restriction of processing if one of the conditions of Art. 18 (1) GDPR applies.
- The right to receive the personal data relating to you that you have provided to us (right to data portability), provided that the conditions pursuant to Art. 20 of the GDPR are met and, in particular, the rights and freedoms of other persons are not affected.
- If processing is lawful on the basis of our legitimate interest (Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR), you have the right to object to the processing. If your data is processed for direct marketing purposes, your objection will be granted immediately and the processing will be stopped. In all other cases, we ask you to state the reasons for your objection (which arise from your particular situation). We will then assess the situation (balance of interests between the controller and the data subject) and act accordingly (stop or continue processing).
- If processing is lawful based on your consent (Art. 6 (1)(a) or Art. 9(2)(b) GDPR), you have the right to revoke your consent at any time and without giving reasons. The revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
To exercise these rights, please contact the data controller or its data protection officer.
You also have the right to complain to the competent supervisory authority. In Austria, this is the Datenschutzbehörde (https://www.dsb.gv.at/). A list of competent supervisory authorities outside Austria can be found here: https://www.dsb.gv.at/links
Further information on your rights can be found here: https://www.dsb.gv.at/aufgaben-taetigkeiten/rechte-der-betroffenen.html
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. We do not carry out automated decision-making or profiling based on the data collected.
If you have any further questions about the processing of your data, please feel free to contact us directly by e-mail or by post.