Our R&D experts work across locations and side by side with our customers’ R&D departments to develop the best possible products or technologies.
We develop side by side with the R&D departments of our customers
A network of partners in universities and research institutes enables us to work interdisciplinary and to research complex tasks. This is why we became a preferred development partner for many of our customers.
The following services are offered by SAG R&D in the development of fuel tanks and compressed air tanks:
SAG R&D is also a professional partner with excellent know-how in the development of efficient production processes and manufacturing concepts.
- Real testing of fuel tanks
- crash simulations
- Thermal and thermomechanical simulations
- Sheet metal forming and casting simulations
- Motion simulations in fuel tanks
- FEM strength calculations
- fatigue calculations
- Strength calculations of fuel tanks
- Development of tanks according to specific guidelines
- Development of tanks for LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas)
- Development of smart tanks with electronic sensors
- Research on tank solutions for liquid hydrogen
SAG’s strengths in process and manufacturing technology:
- Robot-based automation, SPS technology
- Automation of connection technology
- Automated leak testing (He-based) of pressure-tight components
- Inductive heating processes
- Concepts and implementation of production jigs and fixtures
- process linkages